need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

Doug Cutting-2
Would someone volunteer to develop Nutch-based site-search engine for
all apache.org domains?  We now have a Solaris zone to host this.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

Byron Miller-2
I'll be happy to do it.

--- Doug Cutting <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would someone volunteer to develop Nutch-based
> site-search engine for
> all apache.org domains?  We now have a Solaris zone
> to host this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

Christopher Burkey
Hi Doug,

    I would be willing to do set it up if I can use OpenEdit for
formating results.

    We use Nutch for crawling sites and I have lots of Lucene
experience. We have used OpenEdit on sites that get 200+ simultaneous
searches.

http://www.openedit.org

--
Christopher Burkey
513-542-3401
http://www.openedit.org

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

Zaheed Haque
Sounds very interesting! When are you guys planning to start?

Cheers
Zaheed

John X wrote:
> Please count me in.

Thanks, John.

I forgot to mention that I'd prefer a committer for this, and you're a
committer, so that works well!

> Is there a timetable for it?

No, whenever you can get to it.

I'll make you an account and send you the details.

Doug

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

John X
On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:19:38PM -0800, Doug Cutting wrote:
> John X wrote:
> >Please count me in.
>
> Thanks, John.

My pleasure.

> I forgot to mention that I'd prefer a committer for this, and you're a
> committer, so that works well!
>
> >Is there a timetable for it?
>
> No, whenever you can get to it.
>
> I'll make you an account and send you the details.

Let me know when you have it.

John

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

Stefan Groschupf-2
John,
if you need any kind of support let me know. Especially I can help
out with UI related stuff, however I also can help with all other
issues.
Stefan

Am 26.01.2006 um 22:27 schrieb John X:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:19:38PM -0800, Doug Cutting wrote:
>> John X wrote:
>>> Please count me in.
>>
>> Thanks, John.
>
> My pleasure.
>

>> I forgot to mention that I'd prefer a committer for this, and
>> you're a
>> committer, so that works well!
>>
>>> Is there a timetable for it?
>>
>> No, whenever you can get to it.
>>
>> I'll make you an account and send you the details.
>
> Let me know when you have it.
>
> John

company:        http://www.media-style.com
forum:        http://www.text-mining.org
blog:            http://www.find23.net

RE: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

Fuad Efendi
Hope to join!
+1

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

Rida Benjelloun
Hi Doug,

I will be interested by this development. I have a lot of experience with
lucene.
Best regards

On 1/27/06, Fuad Efendi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hope to join!
> +1

Rida Benjelloun
Président directeur général
DocuLibre inc.
Téléphone : (418) 262-3222
Site Web : http://www.doculibre.com
Courriel : [hidden email]

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

Sami Siren
Will the resources (scripts, modifications, documentation etc) of this
setup be publicly available I mean could this installation be something
like RI for implementing nutch based search for a public web site.

I see this as a great opportunity to produce some generally usable stuff
that would help lots of people to setup a site search.

I am also available for this if help is required.

--
  Sami Siren

Sami Siren wrote:
> Will the resources (scripts, modifications, documentation etc) of this
> setup be publicly available I mean could this installation be something
> like RI for implementing nutch based search for a public web site.

Yes.  Anything that is not too site-specific should probably even go in
the nutch source tree.  We'll store the site-specific stuff in
subversion too (to back it up), but in a separate tree, probably
something like:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/nutch/apache-site-search/

Doug

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

John X
Hi, Stefan,

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 10:17:52PM +0100, Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> John,
> if you need any kind of support let me know. Especially I can help
> out with UI related stuff, however I also can help with all other
> issues.

Really appreciated. With all the support from the community,
we will make it a good run.

Best,

John

> Stefan
>

> Am 26.01.2006 um 22:27 schrieb John X:

> >>Thanks, John.
> >
> >My pleasure.
> >

> >>I forgot to mention that I'd prefer a committer for this, and
> >>you're a
> >>committer, so that works well!

> >>No, whenever you can get to it.
> >>
> >>I'll make you an account and send you the details.
> >
> >Let me know when you have it.
> >
> >John

> company:        http://www.media-style.com
> forum:        http://www.text-mining.org
> blog:            http://www.find23.net

http://www.neasys.com - A Good Place to Be
Come to visit us today!

Re: need volunteer to develop search for apache.org

ilango gurusamy
Hi Doug
I would be glad to volunteer for that. In order to commit changes to the source tree, I need to get committer access first, right?

I am a little new to the Nutch mailing list, but I have been quite active trying to develop my own plugins for Nutch over the last month or so,

Do let me know what i should do to start with?

thanks
ilango

Doug Cutting <[hidden email]> wrote: Would someone volunteer to develop Nutch-based site-search engine for