no servers hosting shard: shard2

Yogesh Chaudhari

Hi All,

Currently we are using Solr 5.2.1 on production server and want upgrade to Solr 7.7.2.  We are using solr 5.2.1 from last 5 years, we do have millions of documents on production server. We have Solr cloud with 2 shards and 3 replicas on production server.

I have upgraded Solr 5.2.1 to Solr 6.6.6 , it is upgraded successfully on my local machine.

Now I am trying to upgrading Solr 6.6.6 to Solr 7.7.2. I have upgraded all 6 solr instances one at a time to Solr 7.7.2. I am getting below error. One shard (with 3 replicas) is upgraded successfully bu =t the another shard is giving an error (please refer below image).  Though one shard is upgraded, I can not do anything with that. I think issue is due to old indexes or documents.

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: no servers hosting shard: shard2

            at org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler.prepDistributed(HttpShardHandler.java:463)

            at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.getAndPrepShardHandler(SearchHandler.java:226)

            at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:267)

            at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:199)

            at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:2551)

            at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.execute(HttpSolrCall.java:711)

            at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:516)

Thanks,

Yogesh Chaudhari