not a lot of mentors for GSoC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

not a lot of mentors for GSoC

Ted Dunning
Have all of the Mahout mentors who are available registered as such?
Luciano says:

Also, it seems that we currently have at most 19 mentors
registered/waiting approval... which seems a little low compared to
last year....
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not a lot of mentors for GSoC

Sean Owen
I've not been paying attention to the need to sign up. I will do so straight
away.

On Mar 28, 2010 8:01 AM, "Ted Dunning" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Have all of the Mahout mentors who are available registered as such?
Luciano says:

Also, it seems that we currently have at most 19 mentors
registered/waiting approval... which seems a little low compared to
last year....
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not a lot of mentors for GSoC

Pradeep Pujari-3
Where to sign up for mentoring?

Pradeep.

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've not been paying attention to the need to sign up. I will do so
> straight
> away.
>
> On Mar 28, 2010 8:01 AM, "Ted Dunning" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have all of the Mahout mentors who are available registered as such?
> Luciano says:
>
> Also, it seems that we currently have at most 19 mentors
> registered/waiting approval... which seems a little low compared to
> last year....
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not a lot of mentors for GSoC

Grant Ingersoll-2
Mentoring sign up is on the GSOC site.  You need to be a committer to be a mentor, at least for the ASF anyway.

On Mar 29, 2010, at 3:11 AM, Pradeep Pujari wrote:

> Where to sign up for mentoring?
>
> Pradeep.
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Sean Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've not been paying attention to the need to sign up. I will do so
>> straight
>> away.
>>
>> On Mar 28, 2010 8:01 AM, "Ted Dunning" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Have all of the Mahout mentors who are available registered as such?
>> Luciano says:
>>
>> Also, it seems that we currently have at most 19 mentors
>> registered/waiting approval... which seems a little low compared to
>> last year....
>>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not a lot of mentors for GSoC

Ian Holsman (Lists)
let me know if you fall short on mentors and I'll sign up to do it.
I'm not a mahout expert, but I mentored last year (or was it the year
before) for Robin's project and it seemed to turn out ok.

On 3/29/10 7:10 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Mentoring sign up is on the GSOC site.  You need to be a committer to be a mentor, at least for the ASF anyway.
>
> On Mar 29, 2010, at 3:11 AM, Pradeep Pujari wrote:
>
>    
>> Where to sign up for mentoring?
>>
>> Pradeep.
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Sean Owen<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>      
>>> I've not been paying attention to the need to sign up. I will do so
>>> straight
>>> away.
>>>
>>> On Mar 28, 2010 8:01 AM, "Ted Dunning"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Have all of the Mahout mentors who are available registered as such?
>>> Luciano says:
>>>
>>> Also, it seems that we currently have at most 19 mentors
>>> registered/waiting approval... which seems a little low compared to
>>> last year....
>>>
>>>        
>
>
>    

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: not a lot of mentors for GSoC

IsabelDrost
In reply to this post by Grant Ingersoll-2
On Mon Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mentoring sign up is on the GSOC site.  You need to be a committer to
> be a mentor, at least for the ASF anyway.

Please also identify yourself with your GsocLinkId at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/GsocLinkId.txt

so Noirins knows who you are.

Isabel