nutch 1.0 - Front End not showing results.

nutch 1.0 - Front End not showing results.

tom7000
Hello,

I am using Nutch 1.0. I followed the tutorial to getting Nutch up and
running almost verbatim - I used a different site.
When I deploy my war file as ROOT.war in Tomcat and search, I dont see any
results. I do see the number of hits but there is nothing under that.

I know that the crawl was successful b/c I got results back via, *
bin/nutch org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean*

Any help is appreciated.

Tom*
*

Re: nutch 1.0 - Front End not showing results.

Jesse Hires
Check in your tomcat logs to make sure it is finding things correctly (tail
-f on it while doing a search).
Also make sure the location of the index and segments are where the conf
files say they are.

Did you start "bin/nutch server <portnumber>" where portnumber is the port
you specified in the conf files?

Most common reason for not being able to get results is the index not being
found.

If you used the tutorial, it mentions using a different directory for the
searcher than the crawler, are you starting the searcher in that directory?
Have the index and segments been copied to the correct location under this
directory?

Jesse

int GetRandomNumber()
{
   return 4; // Chosen by fair roll of dice
                // Guaranteed to be random
} // xkcd.com