nutch installer

Nutch Newbie
Hi:

I am in the process of finishing up an Installer for Nutch 0.8 (one
machine/local install), I am using opensource installer which complies
with Apache 2.0 Lic. so my plan is to make it opensouce if there are
enough community interest. The installer is in Java and you can
integrate it with Ant. So keeping it up to date is very easy. The goal
has been to make it easy for folks to get started in 30 min (including
crawl and index). I have also bundled tomcat with the installer. The
installer is in Java and works with all OS. However there are some
legal issue so we can not really bundle cygwin for windows. So I am
wondering what is the plan or how can we help to get rid of the cygwin
problem? There is beanshell, groovy etc.. any suggestions? I know
batch file or perl is not an option? no? we can do batch file. Tomcat
do batch? any views?

And also I am looking for beta testers.

Thanks for the feedback.

indexing news sites that have RSS feeds

Cam Bazz
Hello,

Is there a way of indexing RSS feeds from newspapers?

Thank you.

-C.B.

Re: indexing news sites that have RSS feeds

sudhendra seshachala
There is a RSS plugin.
See ,if you can use it ot tweak it for your purpose.

Cam Bazz <[hidden email]> wrote: Hello,

Is there a way of indexing RSS feeds from newspapers?

Thank you.

-C.B.

  Sudhi Seshachala
  http://sudhilogs.blogspot.com/

---------------------------------
Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Re: nutch installer

thegallier
I would love to try it.

Cheers

Nutch Newbie wrote
[...]

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: nutch installer

Nutch Newbie
Glad to hear that. We have got good response. We will be releasing it
within the next few weeks. We are still evaluating the 0.8 release and
we have noticed some bugs,  which are fixed in the trunk but not in
0.8 release tar ball. I will keep you informed once we are done.

Thank you for your interest.