nutch source understanding

Mayank Kamthan
Hi All,

I'm new to nutch.
Is there some documentation available which explains about
the source code, like which class does what, etc.
Or some kind of code walkthrough session available.
I will like to have a thorough understanding of the code before proceeding
further.
So please help.

Thanks and regards,
Mayank.

Mayank Kamthan

Re: nutch source understanding

brainstorm-2-2
Have a look at:

http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/apidocs-0.9/index.html

And/or checkout a copy of nutch from the repository on your favourite
IDE and browse through it. You can also wait for the Nutch training
seminar that (hopefully) will come up soon :)

Regards,
Roman

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Mayank Kamthan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to nutch.
> Is there some documentation available which explains about
> the source code, like which class does what, etc.
> Or some kind of code walkthrough session available.
> I will like to have a thorough understanding of the code before proceeding
> further.
> So please help.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Mayank.

> Mayank Kamthan

Re: nutch source understanding

Mayank Kamthan
Hi!

I have seen this, but this does not lead me to an understanding that what
does the
class:  org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl do and what is the significance of
various functions
and other classes in the packages. I mean, I don't get to know how the
ranking is done in nutch,
how the OPIC algorithm is implemented, etc.

Can anybody please give me a pointer to some resource so that I can get this
kind of understanding.

I am eagerly waiting for that seminar.

Regards,
Mayank.