Gordon Mohr
The Nutch mailing lists used to hosted at Sourceforge; however recently trying
to access an archived message via a link that used to work got me a "Permission
Denied" message.

Via the Sourceforge project page, no lists are shown:

   http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=59548

Are these archives lost forever, or is there a way access could be reenabled
while still directing new subscribers to the @lucene.apache.org lists?

- Gordon @ IA

Doug Cutting-2
The Sourceforge archives are still there, just hard to find, e.g.:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=nutch-developers

These lists are also archived at mail-archive.com:

http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-developers%40lists.sourceforge.net/

Doug

Gordon Mohr (archive.org) wrote:

> The Nutch mailing lists used to hosted at Sourceforge; however recently
> trying
> to access an archived message via a link that used to work got me a
> "Permission
> Denied" message.
>
> Via the Sourceforge project page, no lists are shown:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=59548
>
> Are these archives lost forever, or is there a way access could be
> reenabled
> while still directing new subscribers to the @lucene.apache.org lists?
>
> - Gordon @ IA

Gordon Mohr
Doug Cutting wrote:
> The Sourceforge archives are still there, just hard to find, e.g.:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=nutch-developers

When I visit that URL, I get:

# Permission Denied
#
# Access to this page is restricted (either to project members or to
# project administrators) and you do not meet the requirements to access
# this page. Please contact the administrator of this project for further
# assistance.

So, perhaps permissions should be loosened for general access.

> These lists are also archived at mail-archive.com:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-developers%40lists.sourceforge.net/

This works, thanks.

Unfortunately both mail-archive.com and sourceforge.net have robots.txt
restrictions preventing search crawlers from visiting the mailing list
archives, though mail-archive.com has a passable local search facility.

- Gordon @ IA

> Doug
>
> Gordon Mohr (archive.org) wrote:
>
>> The Nutch mailing lists used to hosted at Sourceforge; however
>> recently trying
>> to access an archived message via a link that used to work got me a
>> "Permission
>> Denied" message.
>>
>> Via the Sourceforge project page, no lists are shown:
>>
>>   http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=59548
>>
>> Are these archives lost forever, or is there a way access could be
>> reenabled
>> while still directing new subscribers to the @lucene.apache.org lists?
>>
>> - Gordon @ IA

Doug Cutting-2
Gordon Mohr (archive.org) wrote:

> Doug Cutting wrote:
>
>> The Sourceforge archives are still there, just hard to find, e.g.:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=nutch-developers
>

> When I visit that URL, I get:
>
> # Permission Denied
> #
> # Access to this page is restricted (either to project members or to
> # project administrators) and you do not meet the requirements to access
> # this page. Please contact the administrator of this project for further
> # assistance.
>
> So, perhaps permissions should be loosened for general access.

Okay.  I think I fixed that.

Try:

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=59548

Search works on these lists when I'm logged in, and it even uses Lucene!
  Dunno if it works for non-admins, but that would be strange.  Maybe it
will after a while, since I just made these public again.

> Unfortunately both mail-archive.com and sourceforge.net have robots.txt
> restrictions preventing search crawlers from visiting the mailing list
> archives, though mail-archive.com has a passable local search facility.

According to the following, Sourceforge will give copies of mail
archives on the request of an admin.

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=30227&group_id=1

If you like, I can request these.

Doug

Gordon Mohr
Access works now, thanks! (Search at SF.net seems flaky, though -- simple
searches that bring expected results at mail-archive.com give nothing or
abbrieviated results at SF.net.)

Also, I misinterpreted the mail-archive.com robots.txt... it is crawlable,
though neither G nor Y go very deep.

It's good to know SF makes full archive dumps available on your request.

- Gordon