page ranking computation in Nutch 08

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

page ranking computation in Nutch 08

Feng Ji
Hi there,

I wonder which nutch/bin/ command call or which java in nutch 08 could do
the similar thing as org.apache.nutch.tools.LinkAnalysisTool did in nutch
07, which will iteratively caculate page score for each url.

thanks,

Feng Ji
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: page ranking computation in Nutch 08

Thomas Delnoij-3
In 0.8-dev score is calculated in a ScoringFilter implementaion,
default is score-opic plugin
(org.apache.nutch.scoring.opic.OPICScoringFilter).

AFAIK the scoring plugin has to be included in nutch-site. Score
calculation is done as part of updatedb step. Please correct me if I
am wrong about this, folks.

Rgrds, Thomas

Thomas

On 6/25/06, Feng Ji <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I wonder which nutch/bin/ command call or which java in nutch 08 could do
> the similar thing as org.apache.nutch.tools.LinkAnalysisTool did in nutch
> 07, which will iteratively caculate page score for each url.
>
> thanks,
>
> Feng Ji
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: page ranking computation in Nutch 08

Andrzej Białecki-2
TDLN wrote:
> In 0.8-dev score is calculated in a ScoringFilter implementaion,
> default is score-opic plugin
> (org.apache.nutch.scoring.opic.OPICScoringFilter).
>
> AFAIK the scoring plugin has to be included in nutch-site. Score

... or in fact, it is now activated by default, so if you want another
scoring plugin you need to define this in nutch-site.xml.

> calculation is done as part of updatedb step. Please correct me if I
> am wrong about this, folks.

Score calculations are performed in as many as six places (see the API),
but the main parts are indeed in distributeScoreToOutlink() and
updateDbScore().

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><
 ___. ___ ___ ___ _ _   __________________________________
[__ || __|__/|__||\/|  Information Retrieval, Semantic Web
___|||__||  \|  ||  |  Embedded Unix, System Integration
http://www.sigram.com  Contact: info at sigram dot com


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: page ranking computation in Nutch 08

Feng Ji
I have difficult to find which Java class I could find these functions.

thanks,

Feng Ji


On 6/25/06, Andrzej Bialecki <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> TDLN wrote:
> > In 0.8-dev score is calculated in a ScoringFilter implementaion,
> > default is score-opic plugin
> > (org.apache.nutch.scoring.opic.OPICScoringFilter).
> >
> > AFAIK the scoring plugin has to be included in nutch-site. Score
>
> ... or in fact, it is now activated by default, so if you want another
> scoring plugin you need to define this in nutch-site.xml.
>
> > calculation is done as part of updatedb step. Please correct me if I
> > am wrong about this, folks.
>
> Score calculations are performed in as many as six places (see the API),
> but the main parts are indeed in distributeScoreToOutlink() and
> updateDbScore().
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej Bialecki     <><
> ___. ___ ___ ___ _ _   __________________________________
> [__ || __|__/|__||\/|  Information Retrieval, Semantic Web
> ___|||__||  \|  ||  |  Embedded Unix, System Integration
> http://www.sigram.com  Contact: info at sigram dot com
>
>
>