parabolic type function centered on a date

parabolic type function centered on a date

Nagelberg, Kallin
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to enhance a more like this search I'm conducting by boosting the documents that have a date close to the original. I would like to do something like a parabolic function centered on the date (would make tuning a little more effective), though a linear function would probably suffice. Has anyone attempted this? If so I'd love to hear your strategy and results!

Thanks,
Kallin Nagelberg