post.jar is absent in Solr distribution

Manoharam Reddy
I am an absolute noob to solr and I am trying out the Solr tutorial
present at http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html

In the tutorial, post.jar is mentioned but I don't find post.jar
anywhere. I downloaded the solr tarball from
http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/1.1/apache-solr-1.1.0-incubating.tgz

What do I do now?

Re: post.jar is absent in Solr distribution

Erik Hatcher
post.jar was added since then.  Solr 1.2 is on its way, but you can
also get a nightly build here:

        <http://people.apache.org/builds/lucene/solr/nightly/>

On Jun 6, 2007, at 7:03 AM, Manoharam Reddy wrote:

> I am an absolute noob to solr and I am trying out the Solr tutorial
> present at http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html
>
> In the tutorial, post.jar is mentioned but I don't find post.jar
> anywhere. I downloaded the solr tarball from
> http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/1.1/apache-solr-1.1.0-
> incubating.tgz
>
> What do I do now?

Re: post.jar is absent in Solr distribution

Chris Hostetter-3

: I am an absolute noob to solr and I am trying out the Solr tutorial
: present at http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html

there is a big blurb on that tutorial URL attempting to point out that it
is for a nightly release (version "1.1.2007.05.29.12.05.29") and that you
should refer to the version of the tutorial that was distributed with the
release you are using.

-Hoss