query input focus in search.html

Christophe Noel-2
Hello,

The *focus* is the component of the graphical user interface
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_user_interface> which is
currently selected  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_%28computing%29).

To give the focus in search.html to the input query , modifications
should be the following :

If form name is "search", and if query input is "query" :

Add in the header :
<script>
<!--
function sf(){document.search.query.focus();}
// -->
</script>

Add in the body tag :

We have now a search.html page which focus on query input line.

This is dumb but it seems to me necessary.

Christophe No?l
Search Engines
CETIC
Charleroi
Belgium

Re: query input focus in search.html

luti
Dear List,

There are many of good idea in the mailing lists. I found that these
aren't implemented into nutch sources. How to intergrate these ideas
into nutch (a workflow)?
I think there are many people that not have enought  time,  subversion
knowlege, bravery to commit changes etc. to commit changes to the
version control. These peoples report the solutions, but not commit to
the version control.

Best Regards,
    Ferenc

Christophe Noel wrotte:

> Hello,
>
> The *focus* is the component of the graphical user interface
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_user_interface> which is
> currently selected  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_%28computing%29).
>
> To give the focus in search.html to the input query , modifications
> should be the following :
>
> If form name is "search", and if query input is "query" :
>
> Add in the header :
> <script>
> <!--
> function sf(){document.search.query.focus();}
> // -->
> </script>
>
> Add in the body tag :
>
> We have now a search.html page which focus on query input line.
>
> This is dumb but it seems to me necessary.
>
> Christophe No?l
> Search Engines
> CETIC
> Charleroi
> Belgium

Re: query input focus in search.html

Jérôme Charron
> I think there are many people that not have enought  time,  subversion
> knowlege, bravery to commit changes etc. to commit changes to the
> version control. These peoples report the solutions, but not commit to
> the version control.
You are right.
I quickly have just created a "how to contribute" document on the
Nutch Wiki (this document is just a view of my personal experience
working on Nutch, if some Nutch gurus could check, validate, correct,
it will be a good idea).
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/HowToContribute

Now folks have no more excuse....   ;-)

Jerome

http://motrech.free.fr/
http://frutch.free.fr/

Re: query input focus in search.html

luti
Dear Jerome,

Thanks for wiki page, I think this is very usefull.

Regards,
         Ferenc