question about snappuller script

Alex Benjamen
I'm looking at snappuller script and the only thing I see it doing is managing the snapshot
pulling via rsync.

And then once the new distribution is in ${data_dir}/${name}-wip it simpy moves it to the
index dir:

# move into place atomically
mv ${data_dir}/${name}-wip ${data_dir}/${name}

What if I already have the complete index snapshot on a local disk on the slave? Can I simply
move it over to the index directory while solr is running? Is that going to cause any corruption,
etc... since I don't see anything special that snappuller does after it got the new snapshot

-Alex

about the >, < operation in solr

Feng Gao-4
Hi guys,

Who knows how to use >, <, >= ... operations in solr or lucene?
I am using range operation. Is that the only way?

Age:[10 TO 99999]

Re: about the >, < operation in solr

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Hi Feng,

Neither Lucene nor Solr support those operators.  I believe there is or used to be a way to specify an open begin/end for the range query, but I don't recall the exact details at the moment.

Otis

> Who knows how to use >, <, >= ... operations in solr or lucene?
> I am using range operation. Is that the only way?
>
> Age:[10 TO 99999]

Re: question about snappuller script

Otis Gospodnetic-2
You can copy it, though you may end up with an index directory that has a mix of old index files and new index files.  What you seem to be missing is snapinstaller, which makes Solr see that "aha, look, there is a new index in place, let me open it, warm the searcher I have opened on it, and then throw away the old searcher and expose this new one".

Otis

> I'm looking at snappuller script and the only thing I see it doing is managing
> the snapshot
> pulling via rsync.
>
> And then once the new distribution is in ${data_dir}/${name}-wip it simpy moves
> it to the
> index dir:
>
> # move into place atomically
> mv ${data_dir}/${name}-wip ${data_dir}/${name}
>
> What if I already have the complete index snapshot on a local disk on the slave?
> Can I simply
> move it over to the index directory while solr is running? Is that going to
> cause any corruption,
> etc... since I don't see anything special that snappuller does after it got the
> new snapshot
>
> -Alex

Re: about the >, < operation in solr

hossman

: Neither Lucene nor Solr support those operators.  I believe there is or
: used to be a way to specify an open begin/end for the range query, but I
: don't recall the exact details at the moment.

field:[* TO X]  ...  and field:[A TO *]

there is (unfortunately) no mechanism in the QueryParser syntax for
distibguishing between "less than" and "less than or equal to"

-Hoss