"did you mean" for multi-word queries implementation

"did you mean" for multi-word queries implementation

Felix Litman
Did any one have success implementing "did you mean" feature for multi-word queries as described in Tom White's excellent "Did you Mean Lucene?" article?

 http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/08/09/didyoumean.html

...and more specifically, using the CompositeDidYouMeanParser implementation as described in "Supporting Composite Queries" section of the article?

We are not able so far to get good "suggestions" to multi-word queries using this approach, so we are trying to determine if it is a Lucene issue, or our implementation...

Thank you,
Felix

Re: "did you mean" for multi-word queries implementation

Otis Gospodnetic-2
I believe it's a SpellChecker implementation deficiency, and Karl will probably suggest looking at LUCENE-626 as an alternative.  And I'll ask you to please report back how much better than the contrib SpellChecker Karl's solution is.

Otis
Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/  -  Tag  -  Search  -  Share

Re: "did you mean" for multi-word queries implementation

Karl Wettin
22 feb 2007 kl. 19.22 skrev Otis Gospodnetic:

> I believe it's a SpellChecker implementation deficiency, and Karl
> will probably suggest looking at LUCENE-626 as an alternative.  And
> I'll ask you to please report back how much better than the contrib
> SpellChecker Karl's solution is.

:)

The package level documentation for the refactor of LUCENE-626
available in (and dependent to) LUCENE-550 might be helpful even
though the API looks a bit diffrent. At least it describes a bit more
how it works.

It is available as HTML at this location:

http://ginandtonique.org/~kalle/javadocs/didyoumean/org/apache/lucene/
search/didyoumean/package-summary.html

--
karl