"null" in admin page

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"null" in admin page

jlist9
Is it just me - I'm seeing a "null" right above the title "CORE"
of the "CORE" section in the SOLR Statistics page:
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/stats.jsp

In the page content:
<solr>
  <core>null</core>
  <schema>example</schema>

Or, does it mean there's something wrong with my configuration?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "null" in admin page

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Which Solr version, though?  Nightly?


Otis --
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch


----- Original Message ----

> From: JLIST <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:16:35 AM
> Subject: "null" in admin page
>
> Is it just me - I'm seeing a "null" right above the title "CORE"
> of the "CORE" section in the SOLR Statistics page:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/stats.jsp
>
> In the page content:
>
>   null
>   example
>
> Or, does it mean there's something wrong with my configuration?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[2]: "null" in admin page

jlist9
Nightly.

> Which Solr version, though?  Nightly?



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[2]: "null" in admin page

Alexander Ramos Jardim
I got this problem some time ago. Solr comes configured as multicore and you
running it as only one core. Just disable the multicore settings.

2008/5/27 JLIST <[hidden email]>:

> Nightly.
>
> > Which Solr version, though?  Nightly?
>
>
>
>


--
Alexander Ramos Jardim
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[2]: "null" in admin page

hossman
In reply to this post by jlist9

: Nightly.
:
: > Which Solr version, though?  Nightly?

What Otis was getting as what *which* nightly? ... yesterday?, last week?,
May 3rd?, etc...  but it seems to be present in the trunk.

it appears to be a simple XSL oversight, regardless of wether you use
single or multicore configs, the <core> tag in the XML isn't getting
styled on that page so it winds up getting dumped as is...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-584

-Hoss

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[2]: "null" in admin page

hossman
In reply to this post by Alexander Ramos Jardim

: I got this problem some time ago. Solr comes configured as multicore and you
: running it as only one core. Just disable the multicore settings.

FWIW: solr is not "configured as multicore" by default, you shouldn't need
to disable anything -- if you have a multicore.xml file, then Solr will
run with multicore support.  if not, then it will run a single core.



-Hoss

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[2]: "null" in admin page

Alexander Ramos Jardim
Well,

It surely comes on the example, as I got this problem all times I get the
example, and I have to remove the file multicore.xml or I get the error.

2008/5/28 Chris Hostetter <[hidden email]>:

>
> : I got this problem some time ago. Solr comes configured as multicore and
> you
> : running it as only one core. Just disable the multicore settings.
>
> FWIW: solr is not "configured as multicore" by default, you shouldn't need
> to disable anything -- if you have a multicore.xml file, then Solr will
> run with multicore support.  if not, then it will run a single core.
>
>
>
> -Hoss
>
>


--
Alexander Ramos Jardim
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[2]: "null" in admin page

hossman

: It surely comes on the example, as I got this problem all times I get the
: example, and I have to remove the file multicore.xml or I get the error.

something is wrong then.  if yo uare runing "java -jar start.jar" in the
"example" directory then "example/solr" will be used as your solr home
directory, and it has no multicore configuration files.  
the directory "example/multicore" does contain a multicore.xml file,
and if you use that directory as your Solr Home then Solr will see that
file and go into "MultiCore" -- but you you shouldn't have to remove that
multicore.xml file unless you are explicitly using "example/multicore".

If you are seeing differnet behavior, can you descibe in more details what
steps you are taking (from a clean checkout) and why you think
multicore.xml is getting used when you do those steps?


-Hoss

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[2]: "null" in admin page

Alexander Ramos Jardim
Sorry for the late response. Too many messages, I got distracted.

Steps as follow:
1. I download the solr example app.
2. Unpack it.
3. cd <solr_example_app>
4. java -jar start.jar
5. Try do use one of the links in admin webapp
6. Get core=null

2008/5/30 Chris Hostetter <[hidden email]>:

>
> : It surely comes on the example, as I got this problem all times I get the
> : example, and I have to remove the file multicore.xml or I get the error.
>
> something is wrong then.  if yo uare runing "java -jar start.jar" in the
> "example" directory then "example/solr" will be used as your solr home
> directory, and it has no multicore configuration files.
> the directory "example/multicore" does contain a multicore.xml file,
> and if you use that directory as your Solr Home then Solr will see that
> file and go into "MultiCore" -- but you you shouldn't have to remove that
> multicore.xml file unless you are explicitly using "example/multicore".
>
> If you are seeing differnet behavior, can you descibe in more details what
> steps you are taking (from a clean checkout) and why you think
> multicore.xml is getting used when you do those steps?
>
>
> -Hoss
>
>


--
Alexander Ramos Jardim
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[2]: "null" in admin page

hossman
: Steps as follow:
: 1. I download the solr example app.
: 2. Unpack it.
: 3. cd <solr_example_app>
: 4. java -jar start.jar
: 5. Try do use one of the links in admin webapp
: 6. Get core=null

I don't understand what you mean by "Get core=null" ... i understand that
on the stats.jsp page the word "null" appears in between sections as
initially discussed in this thread, but that's just a single piece of
(admitedly confusing) information on one page.  in your previous email
you said...

: > : It surely comes on the example, as I got this problem all times I get the
: > : example, and I have to remove the file multicore.xml or I get the error.

what error are you refering to?  All of the functionality of Solr should
be working fine. do you actaully see an error message anywhere?

Removing example/multicore/multicore.xml (or even the entire multicore
directory) doesn't change the behavior of stats.jsp (Solr isn't even
looking at that directory unless you explicitly use it as your solr.home.



-Hoss