re: Limit on number of schema fields

matt corkum
I'm curious what one does to omit the norms (if one wants to try no length normalization) ?

The only thing to watch out for is norms, which take up a byte per
document regardless of the number of documents containing the field.
You can omit norms if you don't need length normalization or
index-time boosting.

OG: Yonik, wasn't the saving 1 byte * # of indexed fields * # of docs?

--

Thank you,
Matt

Re: Limit on number of schema fields

Yonik Seeley-2
On 10/20/06, matt corkum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm curious what one does to omit the norms (if one wants to try no length normalization)

Put omitNorms="true" in the fieldtype or the field definition in the schema.xml

Re: Limit on number of schema fields

matt corkum
Thanks Yonik.

--