redundant Solr servers

Mike Baranczak-2
I need to set up a cluster with two or more boxes running Solr, each
using a clone of the same index (for load balancing). Does anybody
have experience with such a scheme? I have a few ideas of my own, but
I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

-MB

Re: redundant Solr servers

Mike Klaas
On 9/15/06, Mike Baranczak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I need to set up a cluster with two or more boxes running Solr, each
> using a clone of the same index (for load balancing). Does anybody
> have experience with such a scheme? I have a few ideas of my own, but
> I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Solr has a replication scheme built-in:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CollectionDistribution

-Mike

Re: redundant Solr servers

Mike Baranczak-2

On Sep 15, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Mike Klaas wrote:

> On 9/15/06, Mike Baranczak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I need to set up a cluster with two or more boxes running Solr, each
>> using a clone of the same index (for load balancing). Does anybody
>> have experience with such a scheme? I have a few ideas of my own, but
>> I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
>
> Solr has a replication scheme built-in:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CollectionDistribution
>
> -Mike

Wow, that was easy. This looks like exactly what I need. I had
somehow completely missed that.

-MB

Re: redundant Solr servers

Yonik Seeley-2
On 9/15/06, Mike Baranczak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Solr has a replication scheme built-in:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CollectionDistribution
> Wow, that was easy. This looks like exactly what I need. I had
> somehow completely missed that.

The main pain of it all is configuration (of cron, ssh, rsync, etc).
Once it's up and running, it works well.

-Yonik