release planning?

Tim Allison
Hi All,

  What would you say to kicking off the release process for 1.25 in the
next couple of weeks?  I want to fix TIKA-3186 before that release.
Anything else?

  For 2.0.0-ALPHA, I think once we get the OSGi bundles back in, we should
be good to go?  Do we want to convert to gradle before release?  I've
punted on multi-parsers.  What else do we need before an alpha release?

         Cheers,

                   Tim

Re: release planning?

Peter Lee
Hi Tim,

I pushed some bugfix PRs in github and maybe we could have a look if they should be merged into branch_1x :
#330 : URLs update
#340 : some minor fix TikaCLI
#347 : minor fix for BatchProcessBuilder
#353 : fix for tests failure for those developers whose default language is not English

And I think these 2 improvements could also be considered :
#332 : fix for tests failure in Windows caused by the failing delete of temp files
#334 : add empty check for TikaConifg.

BTW these PRs are pushed to the main branch. I can rebase and push them to branch_1x if needed.
WDYT?
cheers,
Lee

On 9 9 2020, at 3:38, Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What would you say to kicking off the release process for 1.25 in the
> next couple of weeks? I want to fix TIKA-3186 before that release.
> Anything else?
>
> For 2.0.0-ALPHA, I think once we get the OSGi bundles back in, we should
> be good to go? Do we want to convert to gradle before release? I've
> punted on multi-parsers. What else do we need before an alpha release?
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

Re: release planning?

Tim Allison
Hi Lee,
  Thank you for those PRs.  I merged them into main and
cherry-picked+resolved in branch_1x.  Anything else?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:56 PM Peter Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I pushed some bugfix PRs in github and maybe we could have a look if they
> should be merged into branch_1x :
> #330 : URLs update
> #340 : some minor fix TikaCLI
> #347 : minor fix for BatchProcessBuilder
> #353 : fix for tests failure for those developers whose default language
> is not English
>
> And I think these 2 improvements could also be considered :
> #332 : fix for tests failure in Windows caused by the failing delete of
> temp files
> #334 : add empty check for TikaConifg.
>
> BTW these PRs are pushed to the main branch. I can rebase and push them to
> branch_1x if needed.
> WDYT?
> cheers,
> Lee
>
> On 9 9 2020, at 3:38, Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > What would you say to kicking off the release process for 1.25 in the
> > next couple of weeks? I want to fix TIKA-3186 before that release.
> > Anything else?
> >
> > For 2.0.0-ALPHA, I think once we get the OSGi bundles back in, we should
> > be good to go? Do we want to convert to gradle before release? I've
> > punted on multi-parsers. What else do we need before an alpha release?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tim

Re: release planning?

Peter Lee
Everything looks good enough from me.

BTW I'm willing to participate in the developing of Tika 2.0. Any work that could assigned to me?
Lee
On 9 10 2020, at 12:31, Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Lee,
> Thank you for those PRs. I merged them into main and
> cherry-picked+resolved in branch_1x. Anything else?
>
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:56 PM Peter Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > I pushed some bugfix PRs in github and maybe we could have a look if they
> > should be merged into branch_1x :
> > #330 : URLs update
> > #340 : some minor fix TikaCLI
> > #347 : minor fix for BatchProcessBuilder
> > #353 : fix for tests failure for those developers whose default language
> > is not English
> >
> > And I think these 2 improvements could also be considered :
> > #332 : fix for tests failure in Windows caused by the failing delete of
> > temp files
> > #334 : add empty check for TikaConifg.
> >
> > BTW these PRs are pushed to the main branch. I can rebase and push them to
> > branch_1x if needed.
> > WDYT?
> > cheers,
> > Lee
> >
> > On 9 9 2020, at 3:38, Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > What would you say to kicking off the release process for 1.25 in the
> > > next couple of weeks? I want to fix TIKA-3186 before that release.
> > > Anything else?
> > >
> > > For 2.0.0-ALPHA, I think once we get the OSGi bundles back in, we should
> > > be good to go? Do we want to convert to gradle before release? I've
> > > punted on multi-parsers. What else do we need before an alpha release?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Tim

Re: release planning?

Dave Meikle
Hi Tim,

I have a couple of things to push (MIF and IDML parsers). Is there still
time?

I didn't get a chance to complete it before going in for surgery the other
week.

Thanks,
Dave