restlet dependencies

123

restlet dependencies

Dawid Weiss-2
Just FYI: can't get PR builds on github to work recently because of this:

> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':solr:core:compileClasspath'.
350 > Could not download org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar
(org.restlet.jee:org.restlet.ext.servlet:2.4.3)
351 > Could not get resource
'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar'.
352 > Could not GET
'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar'.
353 > Connection reset
354 > Could not download org.restlet-2.4.3.jar
(org.restlet.jee:org.restlet:2.4.3)
355 > Could not get resource
'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-2.4.3.jar'.
356 > Could not GET
'https://maven.restlet.talend.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-2.4.3.jar'.
357 > Connection reset

D.

Re: restlet dependencies

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Sorry, afk, but I heard (*hearsay*) that restlet is also on maven central these days. Can we confirm and switch to that? Sorry, if that's not the case.

On Fri, 18 Sep, 2020, 2:15 pm Ishan Chattopadhyaya, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry, afk, but I heard (*hearsay*) that restlet is also on maven central these days. Can we confirm and switch to that? Sorry, if that's not the case.

On Fri, 18 Sep, 2020, 1:15 pm Dawid Weiss, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just FYI: can't get PR builds on github to work recently because of this:

> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':solr:core:compileClasspath'.
350 > Could not download org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar
(org.restlet.jee:org.restlet.ext.servlet:2.4.3)
351 > Could not get resource
'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar'.
352 > Could not GET
'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar'.
353 > Connection reset
354 > Could not download org.restlet-2.4.3.jar
(org.restlet.jee:org.restlet:2.4.3)
355 > Could not get resource
'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-2.4.3.jar'.
356 > Could not GET
'https://maven.restlet.talend.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-2.4.3.jar'.
357 > Connection reset

D.

Re: restlet dependencies

Dawid Weiss-2
I don't think it is, sadly.
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/restlet

The link you provided (mvnrepository) aggregates from several maven
repositories.

D.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 10:46 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, afk, but I heard (*hearsay*) that restlet is also on maven central these days. Can we confirm and switch to that? Sorry, if that's not the case.
>
> On Fri, 18 Sep, 2020, 1:15 pm Dawid Weiss, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just FYI: can't get PR builds on github to work recently because of this:
>>
>> > Could not resolve all files for configuration ':solr:core:compileClasspath'.
>> 350 > Could not download org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar
>> (org.restlet.jee:org.restlet.ext.servlet:2.4.3)
>> 351 > Could not get resource
>> 'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar'.
>> 352 > Could not GET
>> 'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar'.
>> 353 > Connection reset
>> 354 > Could not download org.restlet-2.4.3.jar
>> (org.restlet.jee:org.restlet:2.4.3)
>> 355 > Could not get resource
>> 'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-2.4.3.jar'.
>> 356 > Could not GET
>> 'https://maven.restlet.talend.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-2.4.3.jar'.
>> 357 > Connection reset
>>
>> D.

Re: restlet dependencies

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
This sounds vaguely familiar. "http works, https does not work" and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13756 possibly related?

From: [hidden email] At: 09/18/20 10:01:29
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: restlet dependencies

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, afk, but I heard (*hearsay*) that restlet is also on maven central
these days. Can we confirm and switch to that? Sorry, if that's not the case.

> On Fri, 18 Sep, 2020, 1:15 pm Dawid Weiss, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just FYI: can't get PR builds on github to work recently because of this:
>>
>> > Could not resolve all files for configuration
':solr:core:compileClasspath'.
>> 350 > Could not download org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar
>> (org.restlet.jee:org.restlet.ext.servlet:2.4.3)
>> 351 > Could not get resource

'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.res
tlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar
'.
>> 352 > Could not GET

'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.res
tlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar
'.
>> 353 > Connection reset
>> 354 > Could not download org.restlet-2.4.3.jar
>> (org.restlet.jee:org.restlet:2.4.3)
>> 355 > Could not get resource

'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-2.4.3.j
ar
'.
>> 356 > Could not GET

'https://maven.restlet.talend.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-
2.4.3.jar
'.
>> 357 > Connection reset
>>
>> D.

Re: restlet dependencies

Dawid Weiss-2
I don't think it's http/https - I believe restlet repository simply
bans github servers because of excessive traffic? These URLs work for
me locally...

Dawid

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 6:35 PM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/
LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This sounds vaguely familiar. "http works, https does not work" and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13756 possibly related?
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 09/18/20 10:01:29
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: restlet dependencies
>
> I don't think it is, sadly.
> https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/restlet
>
> The link you provided (mvnrepository) aggregates from several maven
> repositories.
>

> D.
>
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 10:46 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, afk, but I heard (*hearsay*) that restlet is also on maven central
> these days. Can we confirm and switch to that? Sorry, if that's not the case.
> >
> > On Fri, 18 Sep, 2020, 1:15 pm Dawid Weiss, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Just FYI: can't get PR builds on github to work recently because of this:

> ':solr:core:compileClasspath'.
> >> 350 > Could not download org.restlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar
> >> (org.restlet.jee:org.restlet.ext.servlet:2.4.3)
> >> 351 > Could not get resource
> >>
> 'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.res
> tlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar'.
> >> 352 > Could not GET
> >>
> 'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet.ext.servlet/2.4.3/org.res
> tlet.ext.servlet-2.4.3.jar'.
> >> 353 > Connection reset
> >> 354 > Could not download org.restlet-2.4.3.jar
> >> (org.restlet.jee:org.restlet:2.4.3)
> >> 355 > Could not get resource
> >>
> 'https://maven.restlet.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-2.4.3.j
> ar'.
> >> 356 > Could not GET
> >>
> 'https://maven.restlet.talend.com/org/restlet/jee/org.restlet/2.4.3/org.restlet-
> 2.4.3.jar'.
> >> 357 > Connection reset
> >>
> >> D.

Re: restlet dependencies

Uwe Schindler
I was thinking the same. Because GitHub does not cache the downloaded artifacts like our jenkins servers.

It seems to run it in a new VM or container every time, so it downloads all artifacts. If I were Talend, I'd also block this.

Uwe

This sounds vaguely familiar. "http works, https does not work" and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13756 possibly related?

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: restlet dependencies

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Haha.

In fact schema APIs don't use restlet. Only the managed resources use it

Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

From: [hidden email] At: 09/18/20 10:01:29
To: [hidden email]

_______________________
Eric Pugh Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com | My Free/Busy
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: restlet dependencies

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
We should deprecate that feature and remove restlet dependency altogether

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Restlet again!!!!!!!
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 7:18 AM Eric Pugh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Do we have a community blessed alternative to restlet already?
>>
>> On Sep 20, 2020, at 9:40 AM, Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Haha.
>>
>> In fact schema APIs don't use restlet. Only the managed resources use it
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 19, 2020, 3:35 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I were talend, I'd immediately start publishing to maven central. If I were the developer who built the schema APIs, I would never have used restlet to begin with.

>> _______________________
>> Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com | My Free/Busy
>> Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
>> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: restlet dependencies

Timothy Potter
I agree we should deprecate the managed resources feature, it was the first thing I was asked to build by LW nearly 7 years ago, before I was a committer. Restlet was already in place and I built on top of that, not sure who introduced it originally (nor do I care). Clearly from the vantage point of looking back, JAX-RS and Jersey won the day with REST in Java but that simply wasn't the case back then. What's important is how we move forward vs. bestowing judgement backed by wisdom of hindsight on decisions made many years ago.

In the short term, does Apache have an Artifactory (or similar) where we can host the Restlet dependencies for Github to pull them from? If not, then we can port the code that's using Restlet over to using JAX-RS / Jersey. Personally I'd prefer we remove Managed Resources support from 9 instead of porting the Restlet code but I don't know if 9 is too soon from a deprecation stand point?

Tim

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:33 PM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
We should deprecate that feature and remove restlet dependency altogether

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Restlet again!!!!!!!
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 7:18 AM Eric Pugh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Do we have a community blessed alternative to restlet already?
>>
>> On Sep 20, 2020, at 9:40 AM, Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Haha.
>>
>> In fact schema APIs don't use restlet. Only the managed resources use it
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 19, 2020, 3:35 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I were talend, I'd immediately start publishing to maven central. If I were the developer who built the schema APIs, I would never have used restlet to begin with.

>> _______________________
>> Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com | My Free/Busy
>> Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
>> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: restlet dependencies

Alexandre Rafalovitch
How much harder are the use-cases currently covered by managed
resources, if that module was removed?

For standalone instances, it is nearly as easy to edit the file and
reload the schema. And it will probably be more version-control
friendly than the files currently saved by the module.
What about for SolrCloud?

My feeling is that this module did not catch on, I don't think anybody
ever implemented additional managed resources, though I remember
seeing Jiras. So, unless there are super-special use cases, I am +1 on
deprecating it ASAP for 8.7 and removing it in 9. It will fit with the
overall theme of getting slimmer and more consistent.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. Also, I think the question on SolrUsers about this had limited
response and mentioned a security issue.

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 at 10:28, Timothy Potter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree we should deprecate the managed resources feature, it was the first thing I was asked to build by LW nearly 7 years ago, before I was a committer. Restlet was already in place and I built on top of that, not sure who introduced it originally (nor do I care). Clearly from the vantage point of looking back, JAX-RS and Jersey won the day with REST in Java but that simply wasn't the case back then. What's important is how we move forward vs. bestowing judgement backed by wisdom of hindsight on decisions made many years ago.
>
> In the short term, does Apache have an Artifactory (or similar) where we can host the Restlet dependencies for Github to pull them from? If not, then we can port the code that's using Restlet over to using JAX-RS / Jersey. Personally I'd prefer we remove Managed Resources support from 9 instead of porting the Restlet code but I don't know if 9 is too soon from a deprecation stand point?
>
> Tim
>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:33 PM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> We should deprecate that feature and remove restlet dependency altogether
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Restlet again!!!!!!!
>> >

>> > Joel Bernstein
>> > http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: restlet dependencies

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
We don't need Jersey either. It is already possible for Solr to accept arbitrarily nested paths for endpoints (using annotations) without using Restlet or Jersey.

On Wed, 23 Sep, 2020, 8:16 pm Alexandre Rafalovitch, <[hidden email]> wrote:
How much harder are the use-cases currently covered by managed
resources, if that module was removed?

For standalone instances, it is nearly as easy to edit the file and
reload the schema. And it will probably be more version-control
friendly than the files currently saved by the module.
What about for SolrCloud?

My feeling is that this module did not catch on, I don't think anybody
ever implemented additional managed resources, though I remember
seeing Jiras. So, unless there are super-special use cases, I am +1 on
deprecating it ASAP for 8.7 and removing it in 9. It will fit with the
overall theme of getting slimmer and more consistent.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. Also, I think the question on SolrUsers about this had limited
response and mentioned a security issue.

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 at 10:28, Timothy Potter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree we should deprecate the managed resources feature, it was the first thing I was asked to build by LW nearly 7 years ago, before I was a committer. Restlet was already in place and I built on top of that, not sure who introduced it originally (nor do I care). Clearly from the vantage point of looking back, JAX-RS and Jersey won the day with REST in Java but that simply wasn't the case back then. What's important is how we move forward vs. bestowing judgement backed by wisdom of hindsight on decisions made many years ago.
>
> In the short term, does Apache have an Artifactory (or similar) where we can host the Restlet dependencies for Github to pull them from? If not, then we can port the code that's using Restlet over to using JAX-RS / Jersey. Personally I'd prefer we remove Managed Resources support from 9 instead of porting the Restlet code but I don't know if 9 is too soon from a deprecation stand point?
>
> Tim
>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:33 PM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> We should deprecate that feature and remove restlet dependency altogether
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Restlet again!!!!!!!
>> >

>> > Joel Bernstein
>> > http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: restlet dependencies

Timothy Potter
Even better! I still favor removing it in 9 but if not, this sounds like a good approach

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 8:54 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
We don't need Jersey either. It is already possible for Solr to accept arbitrarily nested paths for endpoints (using annotations) without using Restlet or Jersey.

On Wed, 23 Sep, 2020, 8:16 pm Alexandre Rafalovitch, <[hidden email]> wrote:
How much harder are the use-cases currently covered by managed
resources, if that module was removed?

For standalone instances, it is nearly as easy to edit the file and
reload the schema. And it will probably be more version-control
friendly than the files currently saved by the module.
What about for SolrCloud?

My feeling is that this module did not catch on, I don't think anybody
ever implemented additional managed resources, though I remember
seeing Jiras. So, unless there are super-special use cases, I am +1 on
deprecating it ASAP for 8.7 and removing it in 9. It will fit with the
overall theme of getting slimmer and more consistent.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. Also, I think the question on SolrUsers about this had limited
response and mentioned a security issue.

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 at 10:28, Timothy Potter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree we should deprecate the managed resources feature, it was the first thing I was asked to build by LW nearly 7 years ago, before I was a committer. Restlet was already in place and I built on top of that, not sure who introduced it originally (nor do I care). Clearly from the vantage point of looking back, JAX-RS and Jersey won the day with REST in Java but that simply wasn't the case back then. What's important is how we move forward vs. bestowing judgement backed by wisdom of hindsight on decisions made many years ago.
>
> In the short term, does Apache have an Artifactory (or similar) where we can host the Restlet dependencies for Github to pull them from? If not, then we can port the code that's using Restlet over to using JAX-RS / Jersey. Personally I'd prefer we remove Managed Resources support from 9 instead of porting the Restlet code but I don't know if 9 is too soon from a deprecation stand point?
>
> Tim
>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:33 PM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> We should deprecate that feature and remove restlet dependency altogether
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Restlet again!!!!!!!
>> >

>> > Joel Bernstein
>> > http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: restlet dependencies

David Smiley
+1 to deprecate managed resources in lieu of easier to maintain (and more flexible) file based GET/PUT into the configset.

> I don't know if 9 is too soon from a deprecation stand point

IMO it's never too soon as long as there is a deprecated release.  Users take their time upgrading to major versions.

> How much harder are the use-cases currently covered by managed resources, if that module was removed?

I believe in practice, users synchronize one-way from their DB to Solr if they have dynamic resources like this.  This is true where I work.  Otherwise, they would probably be using Solr as the source of truth, which doesn't seem architecturally-sound for most apps IMO.  Those users (hopefully few) would have to spend some time re-engineering the approach.  Given one-way sync, the transition here is pretty easy:  serialize the client-managed data to the right Solr format (stopwords vs synonyms vs ...) and then a file upload to Solr/ZK and then telling Solr which collections to "reload".

Hmmm; seems the configSet API doesn't have an API to update a single file!  I wonder if uploading a configSet to the same name effectively overwrites newly updated files but does not delete the existing files?

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 10:28 AM Timothy Potter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree we should deprecate the managed resources feature, it was the first thing I was asked to build by LW nearly 7 years ago, before I was a committer. Restlet was already in place and I built on top of that, not sure who introduced it originally (nor do I care). Clearly from the vantage point of looking back, JAX-RS and Jersey won the day with REST in Java but that simply wasn't the case back then. What's important is how we move forward vs. bestowing judgement backed by wisdom of hindsight on decisions made many years ago.

In the short term, does Apache have an Artifactory (or similar) where we can host the Restlet dependencies for Github to pull them from? If not, then we can port the code that's using Restlet over to using JAX-RS / Jersey. Personally I'd prefer we remove Managed Resources support from 9 instead of porting the Restlet code but I don't know if 9 is too soon from a deprecation stand point?

Tim

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:33 PM Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
We should deprecate that feature and remove restlet dependency altogether

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Restlet again!!!!!!!
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 7:18 AM Eric Pugh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Do we have a community blessed alternative to restlet already?
>>
>> On Sep 20, 2020, at 9:40 AM, Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Haha.
>>
>> In fact schema APIs don't use restlet. Only the managed resources use it
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 19, 2020, 3:35 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I were talend, I'd immediately start publishing to maven central. If I were the developer who built the schema APIs, I would never have used restlet to begin with.

>> _______________________
>> Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com | My Free/Busy
>> Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
>> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: restlet dependencies

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
> Hmmm; seems the configSet API doesn't have an API to update a single file!  I wonder if uploading a configSet to the same name effectively overwrites newly updated files but does not delete the existing files?
I've been working on this recently. As of 8.7, the UPLOAD command supports overwriting (before, an UPLOAD on an existing configset name would fail with BAD_REQUEST) and you can choose to cleanup or not the extra files with the "cleanup" parameter.
You could upload a single file if you say overwrite=true&cleanup=false, but it would still need to be in a zip file (and needs to be located in the right path of the zip, for example, a synonyms file may be in lang/synonyms_foo.txt or something)

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 8:10 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> On Sep 20, 2020, at 9:40 AM, Noble Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Haha.
>>
>> In fact schema APIs don't use restlet. Only the managed resources use it
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 19, 2020, 3:35 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I were talend, I'd immediately start publishing to maven central. If I were the developer who built the schema APIs, I would never have used restlet to begin with.

>> _______________________
>> Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com | My Free/Busy
>> Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
>> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Thank you for considering doing something with this, guys. Not
pointing fingers at anyone but those restlet dependencies are causing
notorious problems, in many places (and the invalid empty manifest
entry is the most annoying of all...).

Dawid

Re: restlet dependencies

Eric Pugh-4
It would be great if we had a simple API for updating a file in a configset that didn’t assume you were just uploading a zip file.

As an example use case, if you use the Querqy library, you need to deploy a “rules.txt” file, which in olden days just went on the filesystem and you would click reload on a core.   In the SolrCloud world, we do this awkward “Let me stick the file in Zookeeper directly, avoiding Solr, and then do a collection RELOAD” to push out the file everywhere. [1]  It works!  But it’s just awkward.

It’s great to know that I’ll be able to change out this awkward process using these magic parameters to configSet.  Even nicer would be to just wrap the overwrite=true&cleanup=false and the Zip requirement into something that sets those.