restrict indexing only to a domain list with no using crawl-urlfilter

restrict indexing only to a domain list with no using crawl-urlfilter

rubenll
Hello, crawling in a intranet style it is easy to restrict domains only to a list. I meant, only searching N levels but only in the domains (not external links).

Using whole-web crawling is there any way to restrict indexing external links for domains list with no using crawl-urlfilter??  It has no sense for me using this file (a hard work).

Regards
rub

Re: restrict indexing only to a domain list with no using crawl-urlfilter

misc

Hello-

    From the wiki faq.

Is it possible to fetch only pages from some specific domains?
Please have a look on PrefixURLFilter. Adding some regular expressions to
the urlfilter.regex.file might work, but adding a list with thousands of
regular expressions would slow down your system excessively.

Alternatively, you can set db.ignore.external.links to "true", and inject
seeds from the domains you wish to crawl (these seeds must link to all pages
you wish to crawl, directly or indirectly). Doing this will let the crawl go
through only these domains without leaving to start crawling external links.
Unfortunately there is no way to record external links encountered for
future processing, although a very small patch to the generator code can
allow you to log these links to hadoop.log.

    I use the second method.

                        see you

                            -Jim