rsync snappuller slowdown Qtime

sunnyShiny06
Hi,

Noticing a relevant latency during search, I tried to turn off cronjob and test it manually.

And it was obvious how during snappuller on a slave server, the query time was a lot longer than the rest of the time.
Even snapinstaller didn't affect the query time.

without any action around 200msec with snappuller 3-6sec ..

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Re: rsync snappuller slowdown Qtime

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:33 AM, sunnyfr <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And it was obvious how during snappuller on a slave server, the query time
> was a lot longer than the rest of the time.

Did the CPU utilization drop?

It could be writing of the new files being pulled forcing parts of the
current index files out of OS cache.
iostat could also help.... look how much data is actually read from
disk for a certain number of queries with and without a snappull going
on.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com