solr.OpenExchangeRatesOrgProvider and way to much requests1, Solr 5.5.5

solr.OpenExchangeRatesOrgProvider and way to much requests1, Solr 5.5.5

Werner Detter
Hi,

I've got a SolrCloud Instance running and implemented currency field via OpenEchangeRatesOrtProvider
and wondered why we've reached the limit as refreshInterval has been set to 60.

For the sake of testings I've downloaded the currency-file to a local webserver and discovered, updated
the schema.xml to reflect the URL with the JSON file on the webserver like follows:

 <fieldType name="currency" class="solr.CurrencyField" precisionStep="8"
           providerClass="solr.OpenExchangeRatesOrgProvider"
           refreshInterval="60"
           ratesFileLocation="http://192.168.1.23/currencies.json" multiValued="false"/>

Checking through the logs from the Webserver shows that Solr calls currencies.json like 5 Million times!
since this log rotation this morning around 06:00 am.

So the question is: are there known bugs in Solr 5.5.5, especially in SolrCloud with two Solr nodes and
solr.OpenExchangeRatesOrgProvider? I thought by setting refreshInterval="60" Solr should only query or
update it's currencies every 60 minutes? Instead it looks like every query generates a call to the
OXR provider? Any hints on this?

Thanks,
Werner

Re: solr.OpenExchangeRatesOrgProvider and way to much requests1, Solr 5.5.5

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Can you please paste some Solr log lines showing the refresh decisions?
PS: You may want to increase log level to DEBUG for OpenExchangeRatesOrgProvider class (from logs->level in UI)

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com