solr UI collection dropdown sorting order

solr UI collection dropdown sorting order

Sotiris Fragkiskos
Hi everyone!

is there any way the collections available on the left-hand side of the
solr UI can be sorted? I'm referring to the "collection selector" dropdown.
But the same applies to the Collections button.
The sorting seems kind of..random?

Thanks in advance!

Sotir

Re: solr UI collection dropdown sorting order

Erick Erickson
Unfortunately not, although if you’d like to add that functionality to the admin UI that’d be great.

If you know the name, you can just start typing and not have to scroll.

Best,
Erick

> On Oct 20, 2019, at 4:06 AM, Sotiris Fragkiskos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> is there any way the collections available on the left-hand side of the
> solr UI can be sorted? I'm referring to the "collection selector" dropdown.
> But the same applies to the Collections button.
> The sorting seems kind of..random?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sotir

Re: solr UI collection dropdown sorting order

Sotiris Fragkiskos
My java knowledge is very weak to say the least, so I can't help there
unfortunately...
Thanks for the reply, I have been meaning to ask for at least a year!!

kind regards,
Sotiri

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:54 AM Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Unfortunately not, although if you’d like to add that functionality to the
> admin UI that’d be great.
>
> If you know the name, you can just start typing and not have to scroll.
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> > On Oct 20, 2019, at 4:06 AM, Sotiris Fragkiskos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > is there any way the collections available on the left-hand side of the
> > solr UI can be sorted? I'm referring to the "collection selector"
> dropdown.
> > But the same applies to the Collections button.
> > The sorting seems kind of..random?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Sotir

Re: solr UI collection dropdown sorting order

Charlie Hull-3
I think we looked at this at our recent Hackday in DC - check out the
first part of this blog:
https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2019/09/23/what-happens-at-a-lucene-solr-hackday/
- hopefully a pointer towards getting this fixed.

Best

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull
Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: solr UI collection dropdown sorting order

Sotiris Fragkiskos
this is excellent!! THANKS!!!!!!

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 10:29 AM Charlie Hull <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think we looked at this at our recent Hackday in DC - check out the
> first part of this blog:
>
> https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2019/09/23/what-happens-at-a-lucene-solr-hackday/
> - hopefully a pointer towards getting this fixed.
>
> Best
>
> Charlie
>
> On 20/10/2019 09:06, Sotiris Fragkiskos wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > is there any way the collections available on the left-hand side of the
> > solr UI can be sorted? I'm referring to the "collection selector"
> dropdown.
> > But the same applies to the Collections button.
> > The sorting seems kind of..random?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Sotir
> >

> --
> Charlie Hull
> Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search
>
> tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
> mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
> web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: solr UI collection dropdown sorting order

Erick Erickson
This is all web-kind of code, html/js/angular-or-whatever….

> On Oct 21, 2019, at 5:38 AM, Sotiris Fragkiskos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> this is excellent!! THANKS!!!!!!
>
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 10:29 AM Charlie Hull <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I think we looked at this at our recent Hackday in DC - check out the
>> first part of this blog:
>>
>> https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2019/09/23/what-happens-at-a-lucene-solr-hackday/
>> - hopefully a pointer towards getting this fixed.
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Charlie
>>
>> On 20/10/2019 09:06, Sotiris Fragkiskos wrote:
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> is there any way the collections available on the left-hand side of the
>>> solr UI can be sorted? I'm referring to the "collection selector"
>> dropdown.
>>> But the same applies to the Collections button.
>>> The sorting seems kind of..random?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> Sotir
>>>

>> --
>> Charlie Hull
>> Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search
>>
>> tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
>> mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
>> web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: solr UI collection dropdown sorting order

Sotiris Fragkiskos
i had not idea this can be done, i'm not very web-savvy, just know some
python..