solr & docker in production

Jay Potharaju-2
Hi,
I was wondering is running solr inside a  docker container. Are there any
recommendations for this?

Thanks
Jay

Re: solr & docker in production

Malcolm Upayavira Holmes
There is a default Docker image for Solr on the Docker Registry. I've
used it to great effect in creating a custom Solr install.

The main thing I'd say is that Docker generally encourages you to run
many apps on the same host, whereas Solr benefits hugely from a host of
its own - so don't be misled into installing Solr alongside lots of
other things.

Even if the only thing that gets put onto a node is a Docker install,
then a Solr Docker image, it is *still* way easier to do than anything
else I've tried and still very worth it.

Upayavira (who doesn't, yet, have Dockerised Solr in production, but
will soon)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016, at 07:53 PM, Jay Potharaju wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering is running solr inside a  docker container. Are there any
> recommendations for this?

> Thanks
> Jay

Re: solr & docker in production

Jay Potharaju-2
Upayavira,
Thanks for the feedback.  I plan to deploy solr on its own instance rather
than on instance running multiple applications.

Jay

Thanks
Jay Potharaju

Re: solr & docker in production

Georg Sorst
Hi,

sounds great!

Did you run any benchmarks? What's the IO penalty?

Best,
Georg

--
*Georg M. Sorst I CTO*
FINDOLOGIC GmbH

Jakob-Haringer-Str. 5a | 5020 Salzburg I T.: +43 662 456708
E.: [hidden email]
www.findologic.com Folgen Sie uns auf: XING
<https://www.xing.com/profile/Georg_Sorst>facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Findologic> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/findologic>

Wir sehen uns auf dem *Shopware Community Day in Ahaus am 20.05.2016!* Hier
<[hidden email]?subject=Terminvereinbarung%20SCD> Termin
vereinbaren!
Wir sehen uns auf der* dmexco in Köln am 14.09. und 15.09.2016!* Hier
<[hidden email]?subject=Terminvereinbarung%20dmexco> Termin
vereinbaren!

Re: solr & docker in production

Jay Potharaju-2
I have not yet tried in production yet, will post my findings.
Thanks
Jay