solr and https

brian beard-2
Has anyone tried using solr over https?

Is there any reason why this might not be feasible?

Brian Beard

Re: solr and https

Chris Hostetter-3

: Has anyone tried using solr over https?

not personally, my Solr instances are usually protected behind a firewall
(just like my databases) so i'm not typically worried about
securingconnections to them from my applications

: Is there any reason why this might not be feasible?

none that i can think of.

Re: solr and https

Bertrand Delacretaz
On 4/25/07, brian beard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...Has anyone tried using solr over https?
> Is there any reason why this might not be feasible?...

As with any servlet-based system, using apache httpd's as an SSL
front-end with mod_proxy will work, and it has other benefits besides
not needing any changes to Solr itself.

There's a good discussion of that at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ApacheModProxy, it's based on Cocoon but
most of it is relevant for Solr as well.

-Bertrand