solr index size

Jun Rao

Hi,

We built a Solr index on a set of documents a few times. Each time, we did
an optimize to reduce the index to a single segment. The index sizes are
slightly different across different runs. Even though the documents are not
inserted in the same order across runs, it seems to me that the final
optimized index should be identical. Running CheckIndex  showed that the
number of docs and fields are the same, but the number of terms are
slightly different. Does anyone know how to explain this? Thanks,

Jun
IBM Almaden Research Center
K55/B1, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA  95120-6099

Re: solr index size

Ning Li-3
Slightly different index sizes (even optimized) are normal - a same
document may get different internal docids in different runs. I don't
know why the number of terms are slight different.