solr query cause ram usage keep increase

solr query cause ram usage keep increase

Yongtao Liu

Hi Dev,

In my solr server, when I run query, I saw tomcat process working set ram usage keep increase.

Finally, I got out of memory exception.

Any idea for this issue?

Thanks,

Yongtao

COMMVAULT LEGAL DISCLAIMER ***************************Legal Disclaimer***************************
"This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."

Re: solr query cause ram usage keep increase

Erick Erickson
This question is more suited to the user's, please post any follow-ups over there. This
list is intended for internal developer discussions.

Most likely, you're using inappropriate memory parameters. When you post over on
the user's list, please include:

> the memory (Xmx) parameters you start tomcat with.
> the query that runs out of memory.
> whether replication is happening
> anything else you can think of.

It might help to review: