solr search

Ryan Hutchins
I'm looking for a way to find out my most searched terms using solr. Is
this possible. I've looked on line and haven't seen much in the way of
solutions.

*-Ryan*

*Webmaster*
myVidster.com
ICQ: 679709664

RE: solr search

Doug Ford
Just save the searches in a table on a DB.

Re: solr search

Ryan Hutchins
Thank you for your reply. I thought of this. My site has about 600,000
active users. I'm no SQL expert but wouldn't that put an incredible strain
on the server?

*-Ryan*

*Webmaster*
myVidster.com
ICQ: 679709664

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Doug Ford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just save the searches in a table on a DB.

Re: solr search

Paul Jungwirth-2
> Thank you for your reply. I thought of this. My site has about 600,000
> active users. I'm no SQL expert but wouldn't that put an incredible strain
> on the server?

Hi Ryan,

The real question is how many searches per minute are happening, and
whether adding that many INSERTs will be a problem. If it is, you could
instead increment the counts in a faster-to-update store like Redis, and
then every 10 minutes (or whatever) flush that to your database. Note
none of this is really depends on Solr or Lucene. :-)

Good luck!

Paul

Re: solr search

Malcolm Upayavira Holmes

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015, at 05:48 PM, Paul Jungwirth wrote:

> > Thank you for your reply. I thought of this. My site has about 600,000
> > active users. I'm no SQL expert but wouldn't that put an incredible strain
> > on the server?
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> The real question is how many searches per minute are happening, and
> whether adding that many INSERTs will be a problem. If it is, you could
> instead increment the counts in a faster-to-update store like Redis, and
> then every 10 minutes (or whatever) flush that to your database. Note
> none of this is really depends on Solr or Lucene. :-)

Or if the number of searches done is smaller, you have a perfectly good
datastore in Solr/Lucene. You can find the most used searches using
faceting and other familiar methods.

Upayavira

Re: solr search

Mohammad Shariq
Log all the searched query and process the log offline to find number of
searches and frequency.