solr1.3からsolr8.4へのデータ移行について

阿部真也
私はsolrを使用した古いシステムから新しいシステムに再構築し
データ移行を行う必要があります。

現在システムはsolr1.3で動作していて、新規に構築するシステムでは
solrのバージョンを8.4 にアップデートしようと考えています。
そこで、/var/solr/{system_name}/data のデータを
旧システムから新システムに移し替えることでうまくいくかどうか、知りたいです。

既にsolrconfig.xmlのほとんどの設定が移行できないことが分かっていますが、
こちらは使用している設定名の代替手段がエラーログに出てくるため
何とかなるかもしれないと思っています。

よろしくお願いします。

Re: solr1.3からsolr8.4へのデータ移行について

Kayak28
Hi,

Replacing fils under the data directory won't work as you expected.
Solr has changed its index format,
so whenever you consider upgrading, you are strongly recommended to
re-index all of your documents for your safety.

FYI: not only index format, but also other things have been changed from
Solr1.3 to Solr 8.4.
You have to pay attention to managed-schema, which is the replacement of
the schema.xlm.
Additionally, scoring and ranking never be able to the same between Solr
1.3 and 8.4

I strongly recommend taking a look at changes.txt.

Good Luck with your upgrading.

Sincerely,
Kaya Ota

--

Sincerely,
Kaya
github: https://github.com/28kayak

Re: solr1.3からsolr8.4へのデータ移行について

Erick Erickson
Kaya is certainly correct. I’d add that Solr has changed so much
in the last 12 years that you should treat it as a new Solr installation.
Do not, for instance, just use the configs from Solr 1.3, start
with the ones from the version of Solr you install.

Best,
Erick