specifying the doc id in clustering component

specifying the doc id in clustering component

Tommy Chheng-2
  I'm using the clustering component with solr 1.4.

The response is given by the id field in the doc array like:
         "labels":["Devices"],
         "docs":["200066",
          "195650",
          "204850",
Is there a way to change the doc label to be another field?

i couldn't this option in http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent

--
@tommychheng
Programmer and UC Irvine Graduate Student
Find a great grad school based on research interests: http://gradschoolnow.com

Re: specifying the doc id in clustering component

rosefinny111
specifying the doc id in clustering component.
hay friend what is meaning of the clustering component.
can send to me full details.

regards,
phe9oxis,
http://www.guidebuddha.com

Re: specifying the doc id in clustering component

Stanislaw Osinski-4
Hi Tommy,

 I'm using the clustering component with solr 1.4.

> The response is given by the id field in the doc array like:
>        "labels":["Devices"],
>        "docs":["200066",
>         "195650",
>         "204850",
> Is there a way to change the doc label to be another field?
>
> i couldn't this option in http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent

I'm not sure if I get you right. The "labels" field is generated by the
clustering engine, it's a description of the group (cluster) of documents.
The description is usually a phrase or a number of phrases. The "docs" field
lists the ids of documents that the algorithm assigned to the cluster.

Can you give an example of the input and output you'd expect?

Thanks!

Stanislaw

Re: specifying the doc id in clustering component

Tommy Chheng-2
The solr schema has the fields, id,  name and desc.

  I would like to get docs:["name Field here" ] instead of the doc Id
field as in
"docs":["200066",         "195650",

On Wednesday, August 18, 2010, Stanislaw Osinski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tommy,
>
>  I'm using the clustering component with solr 1.4.
>>
>> The response is given by the id field in the doc array like:
>>        "labels":["Devices"],
>>        "docs":["200066",
>>         "195650",
>>         "204850",
>> Is there a way to change the doc label to be another field?
>>
>> i couldn't this option in http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent
>

> I'm not sure if I get you right. The "labels" field is generated by the
> clustering engine, it's a description of the group (cluster) of documents.
> The description is usually a phrase or a number of phrases. The "docs" field
> lists the ids of documents that the algorithm assigned to the cluster.
>
> Can you give an example of the input and output you'd expect?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Stanislaw

Re: specifying the doc id in clustering component

Stanislaw Osinski-4
> The solr schema has the fields, id,  name and desc.
>
>  I would like to get docs:["name Field here" ] instead of the doc Id
> field as in
> "docs":["200066",         "195650",

The idea behind using the document ids was that based on them you could
access the individual documents' content, including the other fields, right
from the "response" field. Using ids limits duplication in the response text
as a whole. Is it possible to use this approach in your application?

Staszek

Re: specifying the doc id in clustering component

Tommy Chheng-2
  Yes, that's the approach I'm taking right now. I do a lookup the doc
ids in the resultset to find the matching document.

I can live with the manual lookup, I wanted to see if it would be
possible to pick a custom field to represent the document in the docs
array.

Thanks for contributing the plugin to solr!