still looking for multicore.xml?

Gabriel Sean Farrell-2
I'm up to date on trunk (r691646), and multicore.xml has been removed
and solr.xml added (I saw the notice [1]).  When I start solr with "java
-Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar", however, I see the following
in the output:

Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter init
INFO: SolrDispatchFilter.init()
Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader locateInstanceDir
INFO: JNDI not configured for solr (NoInitialContextEx)
Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader locateInstanceDir
INFO: using system property solr.solr.home: multicore
Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter initMultiCore
INFO: looking for multicore.xml: /usr/local/solr/example/multicore/multicore.xml
Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader locateInstanceDir
INFO: JNDI not configured for solr (NoInitialContextEx)
Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader locateInstanceDir
INFO: using system property solr.solr.home: multicore
Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader <init>
INFO: Solr home set to 'multicore/'
Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader createClassLoader
INFO: Reusing parent classloader
Sep 3, 2008 3:54:54 PM org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter init
SEVERE: Could not start SOLR. Check solr/home property
java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or 'multicore/conf/', cwd=/usr/local/solr/example
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openResource(SolrResourceLoader.java:168)

So it appears to be looking for multicore.xml, still.  If I put my old
multicore.xml in the multicore directory, it runs fine.  solr.xml is
ignored.  Do I have an odd configuration somewhere that might cause
this?

Gabriel

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200808.mbox/%3CPine.LNX.4.62.0808121054390.10597@...%3E

Re: still looking for multicore.xml?

Lars Kotthoff
> So it appears to be looking for multicore.xml, still.  If I put my old
> multicore.xml in the multicore directory, it runs fine.  solr.xml is
> ignored.  Do I have an odd configuration somewhere that might cause
> this?

Looking at the code in trunk everything appears to be fine. Did you run "ant
example" before starting the server? Otherwise it's probably picking up some old
jars/class files.

Lars

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 06:29:04PM +0200, Lars Kotthoff wrote:
> Looking at the code in trunk everything appears to be fine. Did you run "ant
> example" before starting the server? Otherwise it's probably picking up some
> old jars/class files.

Ah, right.  Thanks.