terms filter in json.facet

gopikannan
Hi,
  In normal facet request below can be used to filter the facet terms. I am not able to do the same using json.facet. Please let me know whether I can raise a JIRA for this. Checked the code and I think I can work on the changes to support this.

facet.field={!terms='alfa,betta,with\,with\',with space'}symbol

Thanks
Gopi

Re: terms filter in json.facet

David Smiley
Please ask on the solr-user list.  I think the answer is "no" but I'm not sure.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

Thanks
Gopi

Re: terms filter in json.facet

gopikannan
Hi David,
   Thanks for replying. I know that it is not supported. Can I raise a JIRA and work on the code change to support it? FacetField class needs to be modified and probably a new FacetFieldProcessor needs to be added.

Thanks
Gopi

Thanks
Gopi

Re: terms filter in json.facet

David Smiley
Can I raise a JIRA and work on the code change to support it?

Of course.  Search for an existing JIRA first, just in case someone reported this already.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:35 PM gopikannan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks
Gopi

Re: terms filter in json.facet

Michael Gibney
Hi Gopi,

This sounds useful. I was thinking about it this morning, and about
more general ways in which this could be implemented. If you're going
to work on this, would you be willing to open an issue before doing
significant work on an implementation, to provide a place to discuss
the high-level approach?

So as to not be too cryptic, here's what I was thinking:
The behavior you're seeking is already achievable by creating multiple
json.facet queries (q="{!term f=field v='Some term'}", and sorting
them client-side (if applicable). This works nicely because you're
inherently dealing with a limited number of values; but it's
relatively verbose, and in order to logically group related facet
queries, I've ended up as a workaround nesting them all under a dummy
parent facet query (q='*:*') -- not ideal. What I'm considering as a
potential solution could be more generally thought of as "templated
bucketed facet query", and would probably be more based on the
FacetQueryProcessor, and could work for cases other than an explicit
term list.

Hoping to continue this discussion on a Jira issue; thanks!

Michael

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 1:52 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Can I raise a JIRA and work on the code change to support it?
>

> Of course.  Search for an existing JIRA first, just in case someone reported this already.
>
> ~ David Smiley
> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:35 PM gopikannan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi David,
>>    Thanks for replying. I know that it is not supported. Can I raise a JIRA and work on the code change to support it? FacetField class needs to be modified and probably a new FacetFieldProcessor needs to be added.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Gopi
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 3:56 PM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please ask on the solr-user list.  I think the answer is "no" but I'm not sure.
>>>
>>> ~ David Smiley
>>> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
>>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: terms filter in json.facet