thetaphi jenkins RSS feed broken? (not showing up in fucit reports since July 24th)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

thetaphi jenkins RSS feed broken? (not showing up in fucit reports since July 24th)

Chris Hostetter-3

Uwe: I just realized that my jenkins reports haven't mentioned any
failures from your jenkins box all week -- and that's because aparently
even though the the RSS feed is up to date, and lists recent jobs, the
URLs are all "wrong" and so the script can't get the test results &
logs.
  http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/


Note the "link" for this single entry currently in your RSS feed...

https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/view/Lucene-Solr/rssAll
<entry>
  <title>Lucene-Solr-master-Windows #8073 (9 more tests are failing (total 16))</title>
  <link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/"/>
  <id>tag:hudson.dev.java.net,2019:Lucene-Solr-master-Windows:8073</id>
  <published/>
  <updated/>
  <content>Java: 64bit/jdk-11.0.3 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC</content>
</entry>

...every "entry" in your jenkin's feed has that exact same idential link
href -- just for the base URL of your server, w/o the job specifics path.

Also note, if it helps track down the problem, that the published &
updated dates are also blank (which i think my RSS crawler could handle
by assuming 'now' if the 'link' was valid)

The problem seems to have started on July 24th (that's the last time my
scripts reported seeing a "new" jenkins job in our feed -- with a valid
'link')


For contrast, compare to what entries from the apache jenkins RSS feed
look like ...

https://builds.apache.org/view/L/view/Lucene/rssAll
<entry>
  <title>Lucene-Solr-Tests-master #3516 (broken since build #3515)</title>
  <link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://builds.apache.org/view/L/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-Solr-Tests-master/3516/"/>
  <id>tag:hudson.dev.java.net,2019:Lucene-Solr-Tests-master:3516</id>
  <published>2019-08-07T14:12:25Z</published>
  <updated>2019-08-07T14:12:25Z</updated>
</entry>



-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: thetaphi jenkins RSS feed broken? (not showing up in fucit reports since July 24th)

Uwe Schindler
Hi,

sorry for the delay (was on vacation). This is a known issue in Jenkins introduced by a security fix. The issue is here:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-58595

Although, this issue only talks about the dates in <updated/> and <published/>; if you look at the code and the pull request, also the URL in the link is broken as it uses same mechanism. Only the base URL is correctly inserted.

It should be fixed in one of the next updates of Jenkins. In the latest one of today, no changes yet.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: [hidden email]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Hostetter <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 7:02 PM
> To: Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Lucene Dev <[hidden email]>
> Subject: thetaphi jenkins RSS feed broken? (not showing up in fucit reports
> since July 24th)
>
>
> Uwe: I just realized that my jenkins reports haven't mentioned any
> failures from your jenkins box all week -- and that's because aparently
> even though the the RSS feed is up to date, and lists recent jobs, the
> URLs are all "wrong" and so the script can't get the test results &
> logs.
>   http://fucit.org/solr-jenkins-reports/
>
>
> Note the "link" for this single entry currently in your RSS feed...
>
> https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/view/Lucene-Solr/rssAll
> <entry>
>   <title>Lucene-Solr-master-Windows #8073 (9 more tests are failing (total
> 16))</title>
>   <link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/"/>
>   <id>tag:hudson.dev.java.net,2019:Lucene-Solr-master-Windows:8073</id>
>   <published/>
>   <updated/>
>   <content>Java: 64bit/jdk-11.0.3 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -
> XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC</content>
> </entry>
>
> ...every "entry" in your jenkin's feed has that exact same idential link
> href -- just for the base URL of your server, w/o the job specifics path.
>
> Also note, if it helps track down the problem, that the published &
> updated dates are also blank (which i think my RSS crawler could handle
> by assuming 'now' if the 'link' was valid)
>
> The problem seems to have started on July 24th (that's the last time my
> scripts reported seeing a "new" jenkins job in our feed -- with a valid
> 'link')
>
>
> For contrast, compare to what entries from the apache jenkins RSS feed
> look like ...
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/L/view/Lucene/rssAll
> <entry>
>   <title>Lucene-Solr-Tests-master #3516 (broken since build #3515)</title>
>   <link rel="alternate" type="text/html"
> href="https://builds.apache.org/view/L/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-Solr-Tests-
> master/3516/"/>
>   <id>tag:hudson.dev.java.net,2019:Lucene-Solr-Tests-master:3516</id>
>   <published>2019-08-07T14:12:25Z</published>
>   <updated>2019-08-07T14:12:25Z</updated>
> </entry>
>
>
>
> -Hoss
> http://www.lucidworks.com/


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]