timeAllowed

Anil-2
HI,

is timeallowed is max threshold of Qtime ? or overall time ? Please clarify.

Thanks,
Anil

Re: timeAllowed

Malcolm Upayavira Holmes

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 07:22 AM, Anil wrote:
> HI,
>
> is timeallowed is max threshold of Qtime ? or overall time ? Please
> clarify.

I do not understand the difference.

Basically, when a query is happening, a collector gathers matching
documents. The timeallowed parameter sets a point at which a collector
should just quit gathering new documents and make do with the ones it
has gathered so far.

Qtime is the time that Lucene takes to execute a query. If by overall
time you include network time, there's no way a server can know how long
it will take for a client to receive its information.

Upayavira

Re: timeAllowed

Anil-2
Thank you.

in my test, i have timeallowed 10 ms. response has no partial results (no
partial flag in the response header) and Qtime is 200 ms. so little
confused.

On 11 March 2016 at 18:07, Upayavira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 07:22 AM, Anil wrote:
> > HI,
> >
> > is timeallowed is max threshold of Qtime ? or overall time ? Please
> > clarify.
>
> I do not understand the difference.
>
> Basically, when a query is happening, a collector gathers matching
> documents. The timeallowed parameter sets a point at which a collector
> should just quit gathering new documents and make do with the ones it
> has gathered so far.
>
> Qtime is the time that Lucene takes to execute a query. If by overall
> time you include network time, there's no way a server can know how long
> it will take for a client to receive its information.
>
> Upayavira

Re: timeAllowed

Malcolm Upayavira Holmes
Show us the query URL. It would seem like your timeallowed isn't taking
effect.

Upayavira

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 12:48 PM, Anil wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> in my test, i have timeallowed 10 ms. response has no partial results (no
> partial flag in the response header) and Qtime is 200 ms. so little
> confused.
>

> On 11 March 2016 at 18:07, Upayavira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 07:22 AM, Anil wrote:
> > > HI,
> > >
> > > is timeallowed is max threshold of Qtime ? or overall time ? Please
> > > clarify.
> >
> > I do not understand the difference.
> >
> > Basically, when a query is happening, a collector gathers matching
> > documents. The timeallowed parameter sets a point at which a collector
> > should just quit gathering new documents and make do with the ones it
> > has gathered so far.
> >
> > Qtime is the time that Lucene takes to execute a query. If by overall
> > time you include network time, there's no way a server can know how long
> > it will take for a client to receive its information.
> >
> > Upayavira

Re: timeAllowed

Anil-2
HI Upayavira,

Thanks for your response. Following are the screenshots of the same query with and without partial results in the response.

Anil

On 11 March 2016 at 19:13, Upayavira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Show us the query URL. It would seem like your timeallowed isn't taking
effect.

Upayavira

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 12:48 PM, Anil wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> in my test, i have timeallowed 10 ms. response has no partial results (no
> partial flag in the response header) and Qtime is 200 ms. so little
> confused.
>

> On 11 March 2016 at 18:07, Upayavira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 07:22 AM, Anil wrote:
> > > HI,
> > >
> > > is timeallowed is max threshold of Qtime ? or overall time ? Please
> > > clarify.
> >
> > I do not understand the difference.
> >
> > Basically, when a query is happening, a collector gathers matching
> > documents. The timeallowed parameter sets a point at which a collector
> > should just quit gathering new documents and make do with the ones it
> > has gathered so far.
> >
> > Qtime is the time that Lucene takes to execute a query. If by overall
> > time you include network time, there's no way a server can know how long
> > it will take for a client to receive its information.
> >
> > Upayavira

Re: timeAllowed

Malcolm Upayavira Holmes
The screenshots didn't come through. Can you paste text into email? The
query URL is the most important thing.

Thx

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 02:00 PM, Anil wrote:

> HI Upayavira,
>
> Thanks for your response. Following are the screenshots of the same
> query with and without partial results in the response.
>
> Inline images 1
>

> Inline images 2
>
> Regards,
> Anil
>
> On 11 March 2016 at 19:13, Upayavira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Show us the query URL. It would seem like your timeallowed
>> isn't taking

effect.

Upayavira

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 12:48 PM, Anil wrote:

> Thank you.
>>

> in my test, i have timeallowed 10 ms. response has no partial
> results (no
>>
> partial flag in the response header) and Qtime is 200 ms. so little
>>
> confused.
>>

> On 11 March 2016 at 18:07, Upayavira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

> > On Fri, 11 Mar 2016, at 07:22 AM, Anil wrote:
>>
> > > HI,
>>

> > > is timeallowed is max threshold of Qtime ? or overall time ?
> > > Please
>>
> > > clarify.
>>

> > I do not understand the difference.
>>

> > Basically, when a query is happening, a collector gathers matching
>>
> > documents. The timeallowed parameter sets a point at which a
> > collector
>>
> > should just quit gathering new documents and make do with the
> > ones it
>>
> > has gathered so far.
>>

> > Qtime is the time that Lucene takes to execute a query. If by
> > overall
>>
> > time you include network time, there's no way a server can know
> > how long
>>
> > it will take for a client to receive its information.
>>

> > Upayavira

Re: timeAllowed

Anil-2
Sorry for that. i could not share direct query. response header is

"QTime":5536,
    "params":{
      "hl.fragsize":"50",
      "indent":"true",
      "hl.simple.pre":"<span
style='font-weight:bold;background-color:yellow;'>",
      "collection":"case-collection_2011",
      "hl.fl":"*",
      "wt":"json",
      "hl":"true",
      "rows":"10",
      "defType":"edismax",
      "expand.rows":"3",
      "hl.snippets":"3",
      "start":"0",
      "expand":"true",
      "timeAllowed":"10",
      "hl.simple.post":"</span>"

QTime is 5536 and timeAllowed is 10. Please let me know if you need any
additional details.

Regards,
Anil