timeAllowed?

Billnbell
When should one use timeAllowed in Solr 5.5.3?

How much overhead is involved in it? Does it create a thread and a timer
event if you use it? Or is the timer event used even if you don't set it
explicitly?

We are thinking about using it for all requests. Just set it +10
milliseconds longer than our web requester timeout? Would that create a lot
of overhead?

Also what is the minimum value - what is the tradeoff? Setting it to 100
seems excessive, but might make sense on an autosuggest component?

Also does it include the time to stream the result? So if the payload was
super large, would it expire that?

The other option is to set it to only requests > 5 seconds... ?

--
Bill Bell
[hidden email]
cell 720-256-8076

Re: timeAllowed?

Walter Underwood
We use it on all requests. We are running 4.10.4 for most searches.

We set a pretty high timeAllowed, either five or thirty seconds, depending on the service.

wunder
Walter Underwood