to all this unsubscribe sender

Aleks Laz
Dear wished unsubscriber

Is it really that hard to start brain vX.X?

You or anyone which have used your email account, have subscribed to
this list, as described here.

http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

You or this Person must unsubscribe at the same way as the subscription
was, as described here.

http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

In the case that YOU don't know how a mailinglist works, please take a
look here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_mailing_list

Even the month is young there are a lot of

unsubscribe

in the archive.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-user/201412.mbox/thread

I'm new to this list but from my point of view it is very disrespectful
to the list members and developers that YOU don't invest a little bit of
time by your self to search how you can unsubscribe from a list on which
YOU have subscribed or anyone which have used your email account.

cheers Aleks

cheers Aleks

Re: to all this unsubscribe sender

Chana
Actually, it's "capisce".

And, obviously, we are all here because we are learning. But, now that instructions have been posted again - I would expect that people would not expect to have their
hands held to do something so simple as "unsubscribe". They are supposedly technologists. I would think they would be able to do whatever research is necessary to
unsubscribe without flooding the list with requests. It's a fairly common operation for anyone who has been on the web for a while.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM, mark charts <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Niels Basjes
Yes, I agree. We should accept people as they are.
So perhaps we should increase the hurdle to subscribe in the first place?
Something like adding a question like "What do you do if you want to unsubscribe from a mailing list?"

That way the people who are lazy or need hand holding are simply unable to subscribe, thus avoiding these people who send these "unsubscribe me" messages from ever entering the list.

Niels Basjes

Niels Basjes

Niels Basjes

Niels Basjes