tool to mount nutch filesystem

John X
I have created a simple tool to mount nutch filesystem on linux.
http://nutch.neasys.com/ndfs/fuse-nutchfs-0.1.0.tar.gz
Check README inside for how to set up.
It is very barebone, only browse, no read/write yet.

Doug and Mike: any plan to make ndfs codes into a separate package?

Best,

John

http://www.neasys.com - A Good Place to Be
Come to visit us today!

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

Otis Gospodnetic-2-2
Hi John,

NDFS + MapReduce will soon become a separate Lucene sub-project.

Otis

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

Sami Siren
> I have created a simple tool to mount nutch filesystem on linux.
> http://nutch.neasys.com/ndfs/fuse-nutchfs-0.1.0.tar.gz
> Check README inside for how to set up.
> It is very barebone, only browse, no read/write yet.
>
> Doug and Mike: any plan to make ndfs codes into a separate package?

John,

I didn't check out your version yet, but I have also written
a version wich is read/write capable, should we combine our efforts here?

  Sami Siren

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

John X
Hi, Otis,

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:31:16PM -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> NDFS + MapReduce will soon become a separate Lucene sub-project.

In one sub-project or two separately?

Thanks,

John

Come to visit us today!

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

John X
Hi, Sami,

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 05:32:37PM +0200, Sami Siren wrote:

> >I have created a simple tool to mount nutch filesystem on linux.
> >http://nutch.neasys.com/ndfs/fuse-nutchfs-0.1.0.tar.gz
> >Check README inside for how to set up.
> >It is very barebone, only browse, no read/write yet.
> >
> >Doug and Mike: any plan to make ndfs codes into a separate package?
>
> John,
>
> I didn't check out your version yet, but I have also written
> a version wich is read/write capable, should we combine our efforts here?

Sure, why not ;-) Let me know where your stuff is.

John

> --
>  Sami Siren

http://www.neasys.com - A Good Place to Be
Come to visit us today!

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

Andrzej Białecki-2
John X wrote:

> Hi, Otis,
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:31:16PM -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> NDFS + MapReduce will soon become a separate Lucene sub-project.
>>

> In one sub-project or two separately?

In one. They are closely related anyway.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 09:23:01AM -0800, John X wrote:

> Hi, Sami,
>
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 05:32:37PM +0200, Sami Siren wrote:
> > >I have created a simple tool to mount nutch filesystem on linux.
> > >http://nutch.neasys.com/ndfs/fuse-nutchfs-0.1.0.tar.gz
> > >Check README inside for how to set up.
> > >It is very barebone, only browse, no read/write yet.
> > >
> > >Doug and Mike: any plan to make ndfs codes into a separate package?
> >
> > John,
> >
> > I didn't check out your version yet, but I have also written
> > a version wich is read/write capable, should we combine our efforts here?
>
> Sure, why not ;-) Let me know where your stuff is.

The tarball, now called fuse-hadoop-0.1.0.tar.gz, is attached at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-199.
A result of combined work of Sami's and mine. It does read/write.

John

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

michael_cafarella

  John,

  This is a pretty awesome idea.  Do you have any performance
numbers or experience with it you can share?

  --Mike

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 23:19, John X wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 09:23:01AM -0800, John X wrote:
> > Hi, Sami,

> > > John,
> > >
> > > I didn't check out your version yet, but I have also written
> > > a version wich is read/write capable, should we combine our efforts here?
> >
> > Sure, why not ;-) Let me know where your stuff is.
>
> The tarball, now called fuse-hadoop-0.1.0.tar.gz, is attached at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-199.
> A result of combined work of Sami's and mine. It does read/write.
>
> John

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

John X
Hi, Mike,

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:18:11AM -0800, Michael Cafarella wrote:

>   John,
>
>   This is a pretty awesome idea.  Do you have any performance
> numbers or experience with it you can share?

No number yet. Just created it for my immediate use of browsing
and moving around files. It uses DFSClient.java to do real work.
My impression is that it's similar to DFSShell.java.
I might have time late this week for generating some numbers
on my testbed (only 4 nodes though). Any specifics that you are interested in?

John