underscores are parsed only as spaces

sunnyShiny06
Hi,

I don't get why and how to change this: underscores are parsed only as spaces, meaning that a search for user "ejekt_festival" will return zero results, while "ejekt festival" will return the user "ejekt_festival".

Thanks for your help,

Re: underscores are parsed only as spaces

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:46 PM, sunnyfr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't get why and how to change this: underscores are parsed only as
> spaces, meaning that a search for user "ejekt_festival" will return zero
> results, while "ejekt festival" will return the user "ejekt_festival".

I think the field type does not have the same analyzers on both query-time
and index-time.

Using analysis.jsp on the Solr admin page, you can see how an input string
is analyzed during query time and index time.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.