use highlighting on multivalued fields with positionIncrementGap 0

use highlighting on multivalued fields with positionIncrementGap 0

Nicolas Franck
I'm trying to use highlighting on a multivalued text field (analysis not so important) ..

  { text: [ "hello", "world" ], id: 1 }

but I want to match across the string boundaries:

  q=text:"hello world"

This works by setting the attribute
positionIncrementGap to 0, but then the hightlighting entry is empty

  "highlighting": { "1" : { "text" : [] } }

Parameters are:

  hl=true
  hl.fl=text
  hl.snippets=50
  hl.fragSize=10000

Any idea why this happens?
I guess this gap is internal stuff handled by Lucene that Solr doesn't know about?
(as for lucene, there are no multivalued fields!)

Re: use highlighting on multivalued fields with positionIncrementGap 0

Paras Lehana
I haven't worked with highlighting much but what's the need to store terms
in multivalued field?

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 at 20:04, Nicolas Franck <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'm trying to use highlighting on a multivalued text field (analysis not
> so important) ..
>

>   { text: [ "hello", "world" ], id: 1 }
>
> but I want to match across the string boundaries:
>
>   q=text:"hello world"
>
> This works by setting the attribute
> positionIncrementGap to 0, but then the hightlighting entry is empty
>
>   "highlighting": { "1" : { "text" : [] } }
>
> Parameters are:
>
>   hl=true
>   hl.fl=text
>   hl.snippets=50
>   hl.fragSize=10000
>
> Any idea why this happens?
> I guess this gap is internal stuff handled by Lucene that Solr doesn't
> know about?
> (as for lucene, there are no multivalued fields!)

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, *Auto-Suggest*,
IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd,

11th Floor, Tower 2, Assotech Business Cresterra,
Plot No. 22, Sector 135, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India 201305

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 0120-4056700 | Extn:
*11096*

--