what is the purpose of multiple solr weapps

what is the purpose of multiple solr weapps

sanraj25
Hi

    i want to know  what is the purpose of multiple solr weapps? If we create like that,can we load large
amount of data? please help me .In what situation we should go for multiple solr webapps
Thanks in advance

-Santhanaraj R

Re: what is the purpose of multiple solr weapps

Neeti Raj
Hi Santhanaraj

I have used multiple solr webapps with Tomcat container for my projects.
My idea was to have a single Solr server catering to multiple projects with
completely different databases/indexes.
So as far as Solr goes, only the Solr directory (containing bin, conf and
data) needs to be separated out for each project

   - Single point of maintenance
   - But that would also mean server start/stop will impact all the
   affiliated projects.

Read more about this on -
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes

- Neeti